(1) quite a few well-known algorithms for processing point clouds (e.g., normal estimation, downsampling, Delaunay triangulation, Poisson reconstruction) and polygonal models (e.g., simplification, subdivision, smoothing, segmentation, remeshing, tetrahedralization);
(2) a variety of commonly used and customized file formats, e.g., ply, obj, off, stl, xyz, pn, pc, pnc, vg, plg, bin, mesh;
(3) management of multiple objects in a single window;
(4) the use of modern GPU features for rendering and interacting with huge point clouds and polygonal models, e.g., soft shadow, transparancy (tunable per object), ambient occlusion, EDL (Eye Dome Lighting), clipping plane/cross section, point/line imposers(i.e., points as spheres, lines as cylinders/cones;
(5) various interactive editing tools, e.g., selection, object/component manipulation;
(6) a nice and friendly user interface, e.g., copy/restore camera, walkthrough.